This will be a day for techs to share ideas on what is needed and how to prepare for putting a one to one in your school.
Tim Grimes will do a presentation in the morning covering the following points of a 1:1:
1. Why 1:1? The Benefits of a 1:1 model in K-12 Public schools
2. Stakeholders in a 1:1. Why it's important that everyone in the district be committed to the project
3. Changing the curriculum: Guide on the side vs. Sage on the Stage
4. Professional Development: Why it's a crucial component in the success of a 1:1
5. Selecting a device. Tablets vs. Mac vs. PC
6. Selecting Software. Selecting software that supports the curriculum
7. Infrastructure. Why it's almost the most important component.
8. Paying for a 1:1. Why grant funding is a bad idea for 1:1s
9. Protecting your investment: Why students and parents should be responsible for the insurance on their devices
10. Assessment: Keeping track of your successes and making the 1:1 an ongoing success.
We will break for lunch after his presentation and then open the room up for discussion.