posted May 5, 2014, 2:19 PM by Jeff Hunt
Apply online: http://lnkd.in/bq52TXp
Email To A Friend
| Support Staff/Information Technology Staff|
4 - Administrative Center - Technology & Career Ed
|Seeking qualified candidate with experience managing a Student Information System and other peripheral systems such as transportation, food service, communications, special ed, etc. Candidate will have strong technical skills including ability to write SQL queries and produce data files of various formats. Strong interpersonal skills are required to interact with staff of all levels across the district. Must have a strong understanding of school district operations, state & federal reporting requirements, assessments, attendance, scheduling, and other school related processes. Responsibilities will include daily management of Student Information System and other systems, resolving data issues, maintaining set of procedures for required tasks related to student information, working with State & Federal Reporting Specialist to provide required data for filings, planning and executing application upgrades, and maintaining data quality. Prefer experience with Infinite Campus, VersaTrans, Comalex, Blackboard Connect, Canvas, TIENET, SharePoint.|
|Student Information System Management:|
- Work with each school’s designee to insure proper management of the student information system (SIS) on a daily basis. Works with each school to makes sure that the end user is able to retrieve the data as needed and that the system is performing the necessary assigned functions.
- Provide leadership in the development of new applications and interfaces to the Student Information System.
- Develop, implement and maintain SIS key operational functions including scheduling, preparation for school start, reporting, data extraction and ad-hoc requests as required.
- Recommend to management new products, product modifications and training requirements needed to support SIS as it is utilized in the District. This includes planning and management of SIS releases, upgrades, etc.
- Act as the central point of contact for all support vendors for issues regarding the SIS.
|Support Systems Management:|
- Responsible for overall maintenance and management of other peripheral systems to the Student Information System including the district Transportation, Food Service, Parent Teacher Conferencing, and Communications systems.
- Act as liaison to vendors for supported applications and maintain relationships with vendor support and sales to stay aware of changes in their products and organization to ensure we are using the applications correctly and to their fullest.
- Provide technical support including creating and executing database queries for data analysis, problem resolution, and interfaces to between applications.
- Collaborate with other teams within the IT department and district Student Information System users to provide timely response to ad-hoc data or reporting requests.
- Create a process for identifying unfulfilled needs of the schools and recommend to management all issue relating to the need for software modification, new product development and new product acquisition.
- Plan and execute application upgrades and data migrations by developing comprehensive integrated test, training, and communications plans to ensure smooth transitions.
- Develop a training strategy to assure maximum independence and optimal use of the use of SIS by our schools.
- Manage a process for the recording and addressing system, user or staff errors that will identify training opportunities related to the use of the SIS.
- Train other team members as secondary support to applications that they support
- Manage the creation and delivery of reporting of the SIS to include report cards, transcripts, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
- Work with schools and the State Reporting specialist to ensure required information is provided.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience. Degree in computer science, management information systems, or computer information systems.
- Five (5) + years of experience. Preference for school district or higher education experience.
- Experience with Pre K (or early childhood) through grade 12 level student administrative software.
- Experience with school district and associated reporting tools.
- Experience in end-user support and training.
- Working knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
|TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:||12 months; Non-Union position.|
Position is eligible for Benefits and IMRF participation.
Salary and Benefits determined by the Board of Education.