Batavia Public Schools (BPS) is looking for talented people who want to work in a team environment that fosters excellence. The BPS Tech Team is based on supporting creativity and working in an atmosphere characterized by team oriented problem solving. The District rewards Tech Team members with a generous benefit package that includes single/family insurance coverage, professional growth funding, travel and phone reimbursements, wellness benefits, and competitive salaries. The BPS Tech Team is a cutting edge group that challenges members to be among the best in the field of school based technologists. If you are interested in working in a highly recognized and decorated school system, please take a look at the particulars below.
The Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of wired and wireless network infrastructure and application components. The Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets District and user satisfaction. The Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
He/she serves as a member of the Network Operations Team and performs a variety of technical support and analytical services for District divisions and departments.
Interested candidates should visit https://www.bps101.net/employment and fill out the online application.
Critical Job Functions
· Exhibits a positive attitude
· Handles confidential information discretely and professionally
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Flexible, handles multiple tasks efficiently and meets deadlines
· Ability to exercise appropriate initiative and work independently
· Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks and projects as necessary
· Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment
· Critical thinker and problem solver
Effective oral and written communication skill and strong