posted Oct 14, 2012, 5:38 AM by Jeff Hunt
- A minimum of (3) years experience providing IT technology support, particularly with PC/laptop computers and peripherals, Windows 7, Audio/Visual, and/or telephony equipment.
- At least (1) year of customer service, help desk, or call center experience using an incident tracking system.
- Experience deploying, managing, and supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS preferred.
- Experience working in schools preferred.
- A+, Microsoft MCDST or equivalent certifications preferred.
REPORTS TO: Technology Support Supervisor
Provides end user support for PCs, laptops, peripherals, media equipment, and other related technology for educational and administrative use throughout all buildings in the district. Implement technology projects as directed by the Technology Support Supervisor.
- Provide personalized service to end users by trouble-shooting and identifying source of users’ technology-related issues and providing a resolution.
- Utilize proprietary software, office productivity software, and knowledge management tools to retrieve information and resolve problems.
- Document issue resolutions completely and accurately in the district incident tracking system.
- Communicate effectively with users and other support staff on problem status.
- Research and resolve technical problems to the extent possible before escalating to the Technology Support Supervisor.
- Track and monitor assigned problems to ensure timely resolutions.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of district hardware, software, and related documentation.
- Assist in maintaining a district master list of approved equipment, desktop configurations, and installation procedures.
- Assist in operational support activities such as hardware life cycle, OS/application deployment, license compliance, image building, and security patches.
- Work with the Network Admin team on shared project implementations and issue resolution.
- Assist in documenting FAQ information to enable end users to become self-sufficient in solving common problems.
- Keep abreast of new developments related to hardware and software support.
- Complete required training to update necessary skills for job functions.
- Perform other duties as needed or directed.
- Knowledge and demonstrated technical skill covering, but not limited to networking, Microsoft Windows, PC applications, Mac OS/iOS (preferred), and hardware/software troubleshooting.
- Disciplined policy enforcement combined with tact and professionalism in handling issues.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent issues while maintaining focus in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Responsiveness, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and expand knowledge domain.
- Physically able to climb ladders and lift/transport heavy objects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.